Saturday, September 22, 2007

Post Send Off Party Observations

I find it interesting to note that there was a constant stream of people visiting the site after the send off party Friday and well into Saturday. The media exposure and the name OPEN House served to heighten accessibility, inviting people from a variety of demographic segments and lifestyles. All had an extreme thirst to understand this technology and several attempted to hire the students to build them a home. Many asked me as I approached the site, "Is this the open house?" The name seemed to convey a refreshing technological transparency that is often missing in society today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is so much talk about "carbon footprints" these days , but not enough discussion on how to "tred softly" on the landscape. I did not know about the decathlon until a few days ago. Now I'm trying to get up to speed on this and other programs, to gather as much info as possible to build a "green home" The project looks very interesting ,I look forward to viewing it up close. Thanks Vinny P.